This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Grilled Cauliflower Steaks make a delicious side dish grilled to perfection. Thick slices of cauliflower seasoned to perfection make a healthy and tasty recipe.
Grilled Cauliflower Steaks Recipe
If you have never made cauliflower steaks before, you are missing out. These roasted cauliflower steaks are absolutely amazing. The flavor is delicious and has the perfect blend of seasonings.
- Large Cauliflower (approximately 3 pounds)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Butter, melted
- Lemons, juiced
How to make cauliflower steaks
- Step 1 – Prepare the cauliflower. Remove any leaf layers from the head of the cauliflower and soak it in the water for 10-15 minutes.
- Step 2 – Dry the cauliflower. Then remove the cauliflower, pat it dry and remove the stem from the cauliflower.
- Step 3 – Cut into slices. Place the cauliflower flat on a cutting board and use a long sharp knife to slice the cauliflower head into slices that are approximately ¾ inch thick.
- Step 4 – Fire up the grill. Preheat the grill over medium heat (approximately 400 degrees F) and rub the grill grates with the olive oil to keep the cauliflower from sticking to the grill.
- Step 5 – Combine the seasonings with butter. Mix the seasonings, melted butter and lemon juice together in a small bowl. Make sure this is well combined.
- Step 6 – Put the slices on the grill. Place the cauliflower slices on the grill, baste them with the seasoning mixture and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Step 7 – Flip the cauliflower slices. Baste the opposite side with the seasoning mixture and allow the other side to cook for 4-5 more minutes until the opposite side is golden brown and crispy as well.
- Step 8 – Remove from the grill. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy! Feel free to salt and pepper to taste. It is that easy to make this yummy side on the grill.
What is the best way to cut cauliflower steaks?
- Prepare the cauliflower by washing and removing any leaves. Dry completely and remove the stem.
- Place the cauliflower on a cutting board on a secure surface.
- Use a sharp knife to slice into pieces about ¾ inch thick. Try to get the slices as close to the same size as possible to ensure even cooking.
How to grill cauliflower steaks:
After preparing the cauliflower slices, rub the grill grates with olive oil to prevent sticking.
Rub the seasoning on the slices and place on the grill. Each side takes about 4 to 5 minutes. They should be slightly browned and crispy on the edges while being tender on the inside.
What to serve with cauliflower steaks?
This makes an amazing main dish if you do not eat meat. You can also serve it as a side dish alongside fish, chicken and more.
Some of our favorites include:
Seasoning variation ideas
- Fresh Lime Juice – Substitute lime for lemon juice in this recipe. The citrus flavor is similar and will turn out perfectly.
- Ranch Seasoning – Combine dry ranch seasoning with the butter and spread on each slice.
- Parmesan Cheese – While the cauliflower is still warm, sprinkle Parmesan over the top. I like to do this as soon as it comes off the grill.
- Italian Seasoning – This blend of seasoning pairs nicely in this recipe.
- Cajun Seasoning – Add a little heat to this recipe by using Cajun seasoning on top of the cauliflower.
- Red Pepper Flakes – Sprinkle red pepper flakes for extra spice.
- Smoked Paprika – This combines with the grill flavor nicely.
How to store:
Store the leftovers inside an airtight container. Place in the fridge up to 5 days. When ready to serve, reheat in the oven using a baking sheet so they get crispy as heated.
We do not recommend reheating in the microwave or it will be soggy. It only takes a few minutes in the oven and is worth the extra time.
Tips for cauliflower grilled steaks:
- Grill basket – It isn’t necessary but you can use a grill basket for the cauliflower.
- Even slices – Try to cut the cauliflower into even size slices so that they are ready at the same time.
- Flipping the cauliflower – Be careful when flipping the cauliflower as they will be fragile and can bread when they are turned.
- Leftover florets – You will have several florets fall off when slicing the cauliflower steaks. Save these to put in a grill basket or save them for a stir fry another night. You definitely do not want to toss them.
Enjoy this healthy and easy recipe.
Cauliflower is a unique vegetable and easily takes on the flavor of whatever seasoning is added. This makes it a healthy alternative for an easy side that tastes great.
We also love how quickly this takes. In less than 10 minutes on the grill, this easy side is ready to enjoy. It really does not get any simpler than that.
You might just be surprised how delicious this healthy recipe is. When seasoned correctly, cauliflower is simply amazing.
Print this recipe for Grilled Cauliflower Steak:
Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
- Remove any leaf layers from the head of the cauliflower and soak it in the water for 10-15 minutes.
- Then remove the cauliflower, pat it dry and remove the stem from the cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower flat on a cutting board and use a long sharp knife to slice the cauliflower head into slices that are approximately ¾ inch thick.
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F) and rub the grill grates with the olive oil to keep the cauliflower from sticking to the grill.
- Mix the seasonings, melted butter and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
- Place the cauliflower slices on the grill, baste them with the seasoning mixture and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned and crispy. Flip the cauliflower slices, baste the opposite side with the seasoning mixture and allow the other side to cook for 4-5 more minutes until the opposite side is brown and crispy as well.
- Remove from the grill. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More grilled Side dish recipes:
- Grill Corn on the Cob Recipe
- Grilled Potatoes in Foil Recipe
- Grilled Zucchini Spears
- How to Grill Bell Peppers