Learn how easy it is to make cream of celery soup. Save time and money and make this at home instead of buying it.
Cream of celery soup
I love using cream soups but I don’t always have it in the pantry. It all started when I needed cream of chicken soup for a recipe and whipped up this homemade cream of chicken soup. It was such a success that I started making all sorts of things.
Once you see how simple it is, you will stop buying the stuff at the grocery store and make it instead! Not only does it tastes amazing but you know exactly what is going into it and save money too.
- all-purpose flour
- chicken stock
- milk or half-and-half
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
How to make cream of celery soup recipe:
First, melt butter in a medium saucepan.
Second, add the flour and whisk everything together until all the clumps are gone. You want everything to be well combined.
Next, pour the chicken stock and milk into the flour mixture. Keep whisking until the mixture is smooth.
Learn how to make chicken stock and save money from the store bought version.
You can use an immersion blender if you have one but it really is just up to you. The whisk works fine for me.
Add the seasonings- salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
Finally, bring everything to a simmer until the soup begins to thicken. This usually takes only a few minutes so don’t step away from the stove. You definitely need to keep a close eye on this.
Add the celery as the last step. This is optional but you can also add finely diced onion with the celery to the mixture.
Remove from heat and that is it! I told you it was simple!
Give it a try!
How to store homemade cream of celery soup:
Store in airtight container in refrigerator. My favorite is a mason jar. They are easy to reuse, inexpensive and I normally always have several on hand!
Feel free to use the container of your choice as long as it is air tight. I just prefer to use a mason jar!
You will love having this on hand to use in your favorite recipes. Plus, if you are like me and realize in the middle of cooking that you are out of this, just whip it up in minutes!
I’m not sure why I thought it was complicated before. It is very simple to make and delicious too.
Recipes to use cream of celery soup:
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Stew Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe
- Crock pot Jalapeño Popper Chicken Soup Recipe
- Southwest crock pot chicken and rice recipe
- Crock Pot Tater Tot Chicken Casserole
Cream of celery is usually pretty interchangeable with cream of chicken soup. Based on what I have on hand, I will use that particular one in the recipe.
Save time and money.
I have been slowly trying to make more and more things at home. I love that I don’t have to worry about what is inside or any hidden ingredients.
You can know exactly what is going into the food you are eating. This is so comforting especially as a mom!
Once you start making this and trying new things at home, you will see it does not take long. Sometimes, I hesitate to do things because I think it might be complicated or time consuming.
Just start with one or two recipes and go from there. Don’t try to make everything at once or you will become overwhelmed.
Easy Homemade Chili Seasoning is another easy recipe to try.
Make this easy soup and see how simple it is. It is effortless to make cream of celery. You will love having it to enjoy in your recipes.
We used chicken stock but you can easily substitute vegetable stock for another option. As you can see, this recipe is versatile and easy to adapt to what you have on hand or prefer to make.
It is going to be so yummy and really delicious in your recipes. I can’t wait for you to try it.
Please leave a comment and let us know how you plan to use it.
Print this easy cream of celery soup recipe below:
Cream of Soup Base Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup Celery chopped and sauteed
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over a medium-low heat
- Add in flour and whisk together until well combined
- Add chicken stock and milk, whisk until smooth, about 1-2 minutes
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder
- Bring to a simmer and cook until it begins to thicken, about 3-5 minutes
- Add in celery
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More homemade cream soups:
Make sure you check out these other delicious homemade recipes:
- How to Make a Roux so you can make other kinds of gravy!
- Homemade Egg Noodles
- How to Make Whipped Cream recipe
- Homemade Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- The Best Flour Recipe
- Homemade Pancake Syrup
- Casear Salad Dressing Recipe
- Homemade Croutons
- The Best Homemade Pancake and Waffle Mix
- Easy Homemade English Muffins
- White Gravy Recipe
- Easy Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 20 Minute Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe