You are going to love this frugal recipe – Bubble Up Pizza. This quick and easy pizza recipe is so easy to make. The kids will have a BLAST helping you make it.
This Bubble Pizza Recipe is easy to make with a secret ingredient:
The secret ingredient for the crust is….canned refrigerated biscuits. You cut the canned biscuits and it actually “bubbles up” when it cooks. The biscuit dough is thick and reminds of a deep dish pizza crust in this bubble pizza.
This Pizza Casserole is loaded with flavor but only requires a few ingredients. Layer the casserole dish with cut up biscuits, pizza sauce and your favorite toppings. This is the perfect weeknight meal or served as a lunch.
This recipe is both frugal and delicious. We topped out bubble pizza with pepperoni’s but you can easily use sausage, hamburger or make it a veggie pizza. Add a side salad and some breadsticks for a complete meal.
Ingredients for Bubble Pizza:
You only need a few ingredients to create this easy yet still tasty bubble up pizza.
- Canned Biscuits
- Pizza Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Pepperoni (or your favorite pizza toppings)
How to Make Bubble Up Pizza:
- Step 1 – Prepare Oven – First preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Step 2 – Cut up biscuits – Then you cut each biscuit into quarters. Place the biscuit pieces into a 9×13 baking dish. Make sure that it has been sprayed lightly with a non-stick cooking spray to make serving easy.
- Step 3 – Make your pizza sauce. Now it is time to add your sauce. This pizza is easy to make. But you can definitely use whichever sauce you have on hand or your favorite type.
It isn’t even cooked yet and it already looks delicious.
- Step 4 – Top with cheese – For the next step, sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese over the top of the pizza sauce.
- Step 5 – Add your favorite toppings – Now it’s time for the fun part. It’s time to add your favorite toppings. In this picture we did a basic cheese and pepperoni pizza but we have made a supreme Bubble Up pizza too.
- Step 6 – Vegetables are always a favorite – Also, you could do different toppings on each half of the pizza. I have put Italian sausage and green peppers (my favorite!) just on one side before because my kids don’t love those toppings and pepperonis on the other side.
- Step 7 – Bake Pizza – This is a great time to make this pizza recipe work for your family. Bake uncovered for 25-35 minutes until the biscuits bubble up and the cheese is melted. Then you will have a delicious homemade pizza ready to enjoy.
Bubble Pizza Bake Recipe Variations:
- Pepperoni – We used regular pepperoni but you can leave them off or use turkey pepperoni.
- Top with Veggies – Add your favorite chopped vegetables to the pizza. Bell peppers, onions, or slice jalapeno’s is always a family favorite.
- Add in Meat – Feel free to ground turkey, ground cooked sausage or ground hamburger meat.
- Sauce – You can make homemade pizza sauce or use the jar stuff. Use more if you like your pizza to be saucy.
- Cheese – We used shredded mozzarella but you can use any type of cheese you prefer. Colby Jack is delicious for a blend of cheeses. I also like sliced fresh mozzarella.
Tips for Pizza Casserole with Biscuits:
- Cut Biscuits – We highly recommend using a pizza cutter to cut your refrigerated biscuits dough. It makes it faster and easy to cut. Get the kids involved – they love doing this.
- Add Toppings – Get creative and add your favorite toppings to this bubble pizza recipe.
- Prepare baking dish – Make sure to spray baking pan with cooking spray to prevent the biscuits from sticking.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store your leftovers in an air tight containers and place in the fridge. This leftover bubble up pizza will stay good for up to 3 days.
We recommend reheating in the oven or you can microwave in 30 seconds intervals.
Pizza Topping Ideas:
- Black Olives
- Bell Peppers
You can easily top this pizza with any of your favorite pizza toppings. We have a blast coming up with new pizza combinations and trying new ideas.
Can you Freeze this Bubble Up Pizza Recipe?
Yes, this Bubble up pizza is very freezer friendly.
Bake as the recipe outlines. Then allow the pizza to cool completely. I like to slice it up into the perfect lunch portions.
Then I freeze these portions in freezer safe bags. This way this pizza is ready to heat up in minutes for a quick and easy lunch. My kids love enjoying this bubble up pizza in their lunchboxes.
What to Serve with Pizza:
- Salad. Prepare a simple green salad or this easy Caesar Salad.
- Breadsticks. Try these Garlic Cheese Sticks.
- Fruit Salad. Lighten things up with this Tropical Fruit Salad.
For more ideas, learn what to serve with pizza. There are so many tasty ideas to serve with pizza.
Why we Love this Recipe:
- Budget friendly – This recipe is significantly cheaper than pizza take out.
- Delicious – Each bite is cooked to perfection and so amazing.
- Easy – The entire recipe is effortless to prepare and takes just minutes. You can get dinner on the table very fast.
- Simple Ingredients – Add your favorite pizza to make this delicious recipe.
Print this Pizza Bubble Up Bake Recipe below:
Bubble Up Pizza Recipe
- 2 cans Buttermilk Biscuits (10 count each) Do not use Grand Biscuits
- 1 jar pizza sauce (15 oz jar)
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 20 slices pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Open the biscuits. Cut each biscuit into fourths (a pizza cutter makes this quick and easy).
- Place them all in the bottom of the 9X13 pan.
- Pour pizza sauce over the biscuits.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella Cheese on top and top with the pepperoni.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes (uncover until all the biscuits have bubbled up).
- Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Pizza Recipes
- Pizza Pasta Casserole
- Pizza Cupcakes
- Biscuit Pizza Recipe
- Hawaiian Roll Pizza Sliders Recipe
- Easy Pizza Pocket Recipe
- Low Carb Pizza Chicken