Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Recipe is one of those meals the kids will go crazy over and everyone will love. It is super easy to make and each bite is amazing with the flaky crescents and delicious chicken and veggies.
Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Recipe
Seriously this is one of the best Chicken Pot Pie Casserole recipes ever! You can’t go wrong with crescent rolls. Everyone loves them and they make the best crust for this casserole.
The chicken mixture combined with the buttery flaky crust will melt in your mouth. It is SO amazing!
You are going to want to make this all the time because the entire family will gobble this up. Forget take out when you can have this delicious dinner in minutes!
What do you need to make this easy pot pie casserole?
- Chicken Breasts
- Frozen Peas and Carrots
- Frozen Diced Potatoes (like Hash Browns)
- Onion diced
- Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
- chicken broth
- Poultry Seasoning
- Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
How do you make chicken pot pie casserole with crescent rolls?
This recipe is so easy. You can make this any day of the week even on crazy busy weeknights.
Preheat your oven and grease your baking dish.
You want to unroll one can of crescent rolls and pinch perforations to seal into a sheet.
Press the crescents into the bottom and up sides of prepared disk. Don’t worry if sides do not go all the way up.
Bake the crescent roll crust for 20 minutes or until crust is light brown.
Allow to cool.
In a large skillet, combine chicken, diced onion, broth, potatoes and peas and carrots, cream of chicken soup, poultry seasoning and pepper.
Stir and cook until ingredients are warm. The sauce will thicken and you can add a little more water until desired consistency is reached.
Next, pour the chicken mixture over baked crust and spread evenly.
Finally, unroll the other can of crescent rolls and pinch perforations to seal into a sheet. Place over top of chicken mixture and press into sides of dish.
Bake until top is golden brown. Allow it to set for a few minutes.
Cut and serve. Keep reading for the full recipe.
You can brush the top with melted butter if you prefer but it is optional.
It is that easy to make chicken pot pie casserole!
What to serve with chicken pot pie casserole?
Keep it simple and add a side salad with this chicken pot pie. The chicken casserole is the star of the show and the simple salad goes well with it.
Plus, it is so easy on busy days to put together a salad to serve.
We are all about keeping it simple around here. 🙂
Try these other variations to chicken pot pie casserole:
- Try other veggies in the chicken pot pie casserole. Bell peppers, green beans and others.
- You can use any types of potatoes- shredded, diced etc hashbrowns or regular potatoes.
- Substitute cream of vegetable soup and vegetable stock if you prefer.
- Use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. You can also use a combination of both!
- You can also use rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken to make this chicken pot pie casserole. So easy!
We also love chicken pot pie casserole with puff pastry!
Feel free to use puff pastry instead of crescent rolls if you prefer. We have used this before and it was just as amazing.
You can’t go wrong with this delicious chicken pot pie casserole. Another idea is to use a pie crust to make this easy chicken pot pie.
Tip for making healthy chicken pot pie casserole:
This recipe like many calls for diced onions. Another time saving tip is to use a small food chopper or food processor to quickly and easily chop the onions.
If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them. They are such a time saver and you can get the veggies really fine if you have children that are picky.
I usually just chop the entire vegetable and freeze what I don’t need. It’s so nice to be able to just take the diced onion out of the freezer for recipes.
This is how I meal prep. It’s so quick and easy and helps get dinner on the table fast.
Chicken pot pie casserole recipe is budget friendly and easy to feed a crowd!
The chicken mixture really goes a long way in this chicken pot pie casserole. It is one of our favorite comfort foods and sure to be one of your go to casserole dishes to make.
You can easily substitute items for what you already have. Since the recipe only calls for a few chicken breasts, it is easy to stretch your meat budget and feed a large family.
I often just use what I have in the freezer or what is on sale at the grocery store. This recipe is so delicious however you decide to make it.
We love simple recipes like this. I keep recipes like this on the regular menu plan rotation because I know the entire family will enjoy these meals.
In fact, I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning! Save that money for a family vacation or maybe just some wiggle room in the budget.
Print this creamy chicken pot pie casserole below:
Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Recipe
- 3 Chicken Breasts cooked and diced
- 12 oz Frozen Peas and Carrots
- 2 cup Frozen Diced Potatoes like Hash Browns
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 2 can Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 cans Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 11×13″ baking dish.
- Unroll 1 can of crescent rolls and pinch perforations to seal into a sheet. Press into bottom and up sides of prepared disk. Don’t worry if sides do not go all the way up.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is light brown.
- Allow to cool.
- In a large skillet, combine chicken, diced onion, broth, potatoes and peas and carrots, cream of chicken soup, poultry seasoning and pepper.
- Stir and cook over medium heat until ingredients are warm (5-10 minutes). thick, slowly add a little more water until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour chicken mixture over baked crust and spread evenly.Unroll other can of crescent rolls and pinch perforations to seal into a sheet. Place over top of chicken mixture and press into sides of dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Allow it to set for a few minutes – cut and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
We love casseroles and this Easy Tuna Casserole Recipe does not disappoint.
If you love chicken pot pie, try this twist on the classic recipe when you make Crock pot beef pot pie recipe.
Try these other easy chicken casserole recipes:
- Easy Nacho Chicken Casserole Recipe
- Crock Pot Creamy Roasted Red Peppers Chicken Casserole
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- Easy Chicken Hashbrown Casserole Recipe