Make dinner super easy when you make this delicious Crockpot stuffed shells recipe. It looks fancy but it is so easy and the shells are stuffed with a cheesy filling.
Crockpot stuffed shells recipe
This is one of our favorite dishes to make for meatless Monday. It is full of so much cheesy goodness that no one ever misses the meat! These stuffed shells are so amazing and the slow cooker makes it quick and easy.
It is easy enough for busy weeknights but so delicious you will want to serve it for company. This is a must try and a great recipe to try that is frugal and easy!
Check out this how to video!
Crockpot stuffed shells ingredients:
- Jumbo Pasta Shells (depending on how many will fit in your pan)
- Ricotta Cheese
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Minced Garlic
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- Marinara Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
How to make slow cooker stuffed shells:
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place the shells in the water and cook 3 minutes less than the cook time listed on the package. Drain the shells and rinse with cool water.
Spray a 6 quart crock pot with a non-stick spray and then spread ½ of the marinara sauce at the bottom of the pan.
In a medium size bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, minced garlic, parsley, basil leaves, salt and pepper. Stir to thoroughly combine.
Then spoon the cheese mixture into the shells and place the shells in the crock pot on top of the sauce. You can layer the shells in the crock pot as well if needed.
Pour the remaining marinara sauce on top of the shells and top with the mozzarella cheese.
Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Make sure you have a good crock pot to make slow cooker stuffed shells.
If you are in the market for something new, I really love my Ninja cooker. The nice thing about this is you can brown the meat in the same slow cooker for recipes that call for that and have fewer pans to clean up.
It is so handy to just have the one pan to clean. It has become of my favorite kitchen appliances.
I also really like this crockpot as well. I use this all the time and it’s great.
My favorite feature is that you can lock the lid down. This is awesome for when you need to take the crockpot somewhere.
I often use the slow cooker to take dishes to potluck events and this feature is amazing! There are several others on sale here.
Another favorite is this programmable crock pot for when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting!
I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
Now, we absolutely love this recipe as is. However, the ideas are endless for changing things up.
You can add sausage or ground beef if you want to add meat. Ground turkey is also tasty as well.
We have also added spinach and that was amazing. Cottage cheese also works with the ricotta or in place of it. We have combined both and it was yummy.
Just use what you have! I promise this easy recipe does not disappoint.
What to serve with stuffed shells?
Serve it with a salad and you have a complete meal. It is so easy! Bread is also delicious served with these stuffed shells.
Learn how to freeze garlic bread. This is a great time saving tip plus saves you money too!
The bread is optional but it is perfect to get every last drop of that amazing tomato sauce. Yum!
Another tasty bread idea is Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe. Oh my those are so tasty if you have the extra time to make them.
Print this recipe for crock pot stuffed shells below:
Crockpot stuffed shells
- 24-30 Jumbo Pasta Shells depending on how many will fit in your pan
- 15 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 3/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped
- 9 Fresh Basil Leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 28 oz Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place the shells in the water and cook 3 minutes less than the cook time listed on the package. Drain the shells and rinse with cool water.
- Spray a 6 quart crock pot with a non-stick spray and then spread ½ of the marinara sauce at the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, minced garlic, parsley, basil leaves, salt and pepper. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Then spoon the cheese mixture into the shells and place the shells in the crock pot on top of the sauce. You can layer the shells in the crock pot as well if needed.
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce on top of the shells and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other easy crock pot recipes:
- Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
- Crockpot Hamburger Helper Recipe
- Crock pot Ranch Pork Chops
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- Crock Pot Street Tacos
- Crock Pot Street Tacos
- The Best Crock Pot Roast Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Crockpot Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- Slow Cooker: Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe
- The Best Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe – only 3 ingredients