This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Grilled ham steak with brown sugar glaze is so delicious. It is an effortless weeknight meal with just 4 ingredients. This budget friendly recipe is sure to be a family favorite.
Grilled Ham Steak
With only 4 ingredients, this recipe for glazed ham steaks is a breeze to make. If you are looking for easy weeknight meals, give this a try. It is a nice change from traditional grilled recipes.
If you have never grilled ham, you are missing out. The brown sugar and honey combined with the grilled flavor make a tasty ham steak. The ham is slightly charred and has those gorgeous grill marks.
What is a ham steak?
This is just a slice of ham from a whole ham. Ham steaks are typically inexpensive from the grocery store and easy to find.
It is the perfect portion when you want ham but don’t have time to cook an entire ham for dinner. There is so much to love about this recipe.
Why we love this recipe:
- It only has 4 ingredients.
- Ham steak cooks in less than 10 minutes.
- The portion is perfect when you do not want an entire ham.
- Ham Steak
- Brown Sugar
- Dijon Mustard
How to grill ham steak:
- Fire up the grill. Preheat a gas grill over medium high heat (approximately 350-400 degrees F).
- Make the glaze. While the grill is preheating, whisk together the brown sugar, honey and Dijon mustard together in a small bowl.
- Put the ham on the heat source. Add the ham steak on the grill over direct heat. Brush the top of the ham steak with the brown sugar glaze. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip and baste the ham steak. Flip the ham steak, baste the other side of the ham steak. Cover and cook for 4 more minutes until the ham is heated through.
- Serve and enjoy this yummy ham. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
How to store:
Store the leftovers in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Maple Syrup. You can use maple syrup instead of honey in this recipe if you prefer.
- Pineapple. Top the ham slices with pineapple rings or bites while grilling. The flavor combination is delicious.
If you need to cook this in the oven, use the broiler method. Place the ham on a baking sheet lined in foil. Coat in glaze and broil 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Make sure to brush on more glaze when you flip the ham. The glaze gives it so much flavor.
This is a quick and easy alternative to the grill when you need an indoor cooking option.
Grilling ham steak tips:
- Grill temperature. Watch the grill closely to make sure that it doesn’t get too hot and burn the slice of ham steak. You don’t want any flare ups that might scorch the steaks.
- Flip the ham. Make sure to flip the ham steaks half way through the cooking process and baste.
- Do not overcook. Cooking ham does not take very long on the grill. You do not want to overcook as it will become tough.
- Buy bone in ham. Ham steaks that include the bone are often the most flavorful. They are also really tender.
- Double the recipe. This is the perfect size for a smaller family. Larger families might consider grilling 2 ham steaks.
What to serve with grilled ham steak?
For even more ideas, find the best side dishes for ham.
Give this a try for a great meal.
This is the perfect recipe when you are craving ham but don’t want to make a whole ham. Ham steaks are easy to prepare and you won’t have the hassle of a ton of leftovers.
It is also handy when you need ham for a recipe and just need to cook a small portion. We love ham steaks and think you will too.
It is so fast and easy.
Print this easy Grilled ham steak recipe below:
Grilled Ham Steak
- Preheat a grill over medium heat (approximately 350-400 degrees F). While the grill is preheating, whisk together the brown sugar, honey and dijon mustard together in a small bowl.
- Place the heat steak on the grill over direct heat and brush the top of the ham steak with the brown sugar glaze. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip the ham steak, baste the other side of the ham steak. Cover and cook for 4 more minutes until the ham is heated through.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy grilled recipes:
- Easy Grilled BBQ Ranch Chicken Recipe
- Catalina Glazed Grilled Chicken
- The Best Grilled Asparagus Recipe
- Grilled Zucchini with Teriyaki Sauce