Instant pot pork chops recipe is the best comfort food ready in minutes. Tender pork and flavorful gravy combine for one amazing dinner idea. Serve over mashed potatoes and you have a great meal!
Instant pot pork chops recipe
Our family loves pork chops and the instant pot really makes this recipe easy. We were all amazed at how tender this Instant Pot Pork Chops recipe tasted.
Everyone thought it was slow cooked all day when really it only took minutes! Instant pot for the win. 🙂
The gravy is a game changer and takes this recipe up a level. It is seriously the most amazing comfort food and I could eat this gravy by the spoonful.
You will need a pressure cooker to make instant pot boneless pork chops.
I am using an 8 quart Instant pot but you can use a 6 quart if you prefer. I use my instant pot all the time and it’s become one of my favorite kitchen appliances.
In the past, I would get busy and forget to take something out of the freezer. Now that I have the instant pot, dinner can be ready fast.
It only takes a short amount of time to cook using the pressure cooker but it taste like it was slow cooked all day. You can find the Instant pot on sale here.
It’s such a great kitchen gadget to invest in. The instant pot has truly changed meals around here.
What to serve with instant pot pork chops with gravy?
We love mashed potatoes with this so we can pour the gravy all over the potatoes. It is the best!
You can learn how to make Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes without any draining or boiling. Your family can enjoy real mashed potatoes in minutes making this meal so easy.
This recipe is also delicious served with white rice. You can learn how to freeze rice and you can make this meal even easier.
I love to grab the rice from the freezer in the morning and when we come home it is all ready to reheat and serve. We do this for lots of meals and it helps on busy weeknights.
If you want to get some veggies in there, a simple side salad goes great with it and only takes a few minutes to prepare. Green Beans are also really tasty too with it.
This meal is also good with asparagus. This oven roasted asparagus is a family favorite and it is very simple and quick to make.
Ingredients for instant pot pork chops:
- Pork Chops
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Broth
- Minced Garlic
- Onion Powder
- Poultry Seasoning
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper’
- cold water
How to make pork chops in the instant pot:
Place pork chops in the Instant pot. Set the Instant pot to saute and quickly brown the pork chops on each side with the olive oil.
Whisk together remaining ingredients (except the cornstarch and water) and pour over pork in the Instant pot after the pork chops are finished browning.
Cover and set the valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
Do a a quick release to release the pressure. You can do a natural release and the pork chops will fall apart.
Remove the lid and remove the pork chops onto a place.
How to make gravy for the pork chops?
Return the Instant pot to the saute feature because we are going to make a gravy.
In a small bowl whisk together the cornstarch and water. Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the sauce in the instant pot and whisk in the sauce.
Bring to a boil whisking occasionally until it thickens – about 5 minutes. It does not take long.
Turn off and the gravy will thicken as it cools slightly. Return the pork chops to the gravy or serve with the gravy on top.
Notes: If you prefer to have more gravy, increase the chicken broth to two cups and double the cornstarch slurry.
Why are my instant pot pork chops tough?
If your pork chops are tough, it is an indication they were overcooked. Be careful to not cook the pork chops too long. No one likes tough and hard to chew pork chops!
What to Do With Leftover Pork Chops?
One of our favorite ways to enjoy leftover pork chops and gravy is to make an open faced sandwich. This is so easy and you can just use normal loaf bread.
Add the pork chops, gravy and mashed potatoes to a slice of bread. Open faced sandwiches are so delicious and very easy. The kids think they are eating an entirely new meal and don’t even realize it’s leftovers. 🙂
I like to drizzle even more gravy on top to let it soak into the bread. The gravy is so good.
Your family will love instant pot pork chops with gravy!
The entire recipe is the most amazing comfort food. The bits from the bottom of the pressure cooker get combined into that gravy for the best flavor!
Instant pot pork chops are just so tasty and flavorful. Pressure cooking helps to get dinner on the table fast.
The pork chops are so tender and juicy.
Print this recipe for pressure cooker pork chops:
Instant pot pork chops recipe
- 2 lb Pork Chops
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place pork chops in Instant pot. Set the Instant pot to saute and quickly brown the pork chops on each side with the olive oil.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients (except the cornstarch and water) and pour over pork in the Instant pot when the pork chops are finished browning.
- Cover and set the valve to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Do a a quick release to release the pressure. You can do a natural release and the pork chops will fall apart.
- Remove the lid and remove the pork chops onto a place.
- Return the Instant pot to the saute feature because we are going to make a gravy.
- In a small bowl whisk together the cornstarch and water. Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the sauce in the instant pot and whisk in the sauce.
- Bring to a boil whisking occasionally until it thickens – about 5 minutes.
- Turn off and the gravy will thicken as it cools slightly.
- Return the pork chops to the gravy or serve with the gravy on top. We like to serve with mashed potatoes.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other pressure cooker pork chops recipe:
- Instant Pot Boneless Pork Chops Recipe
- Balsamic Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Instant Pot Italian Pork Chops
- Easy Instant Pot BBQ Pork Chops Recipe
- Instant Pot Pork Chops Dinner
Try these other Instant Pot recipes:
- Healthy Chicken Tacos Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Chicken Spinach Artichoke Pasta Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Ham and Bean Instant Pot Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Quick and Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- Instant pot Twice Baked Potatoes
- Pressure Cooker Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Roast Recipe
Can a crock pot be used I don’t have instant pot?
For the ingredients, are the pork chops frozen or thawed? Also, is the minced garlic fresh or Jar?
I don’t have an instant pot. How long do I cook it in a crock pot.
My pork chops were thawed and I used the jar minced garlic but you can use either.
Yes, a crock pot works great for this recipe as well. I would cook on low for 5-7 hours based on how your crock pot cooks. Thanks.
I would cook this on low in the crock pot for 5-7 hours based on how your crock pot cooks. Thanks!
This has become one of our new favorites! Thanks for sharing! ?
You’re welcome! I’m glad you enjoyed it!
I found this recipe about two months ago and I’ve made it at least five times since then. The pork chops are moist and tender in the gravy is out of this world. I made it with the initial amount of gravy the first time, but it was so good I made more and more gravy each time I made it. It’s my go to dish now whenever I have company. Friends who don’t have an Instapot have even asked me to make FOR them.
None of your recipes have a link to print. WHY, when you state print here and there is no link
None of your recipes have a link to print. WHY, when you state print here and there is no link i have tried to print many but can’t