If you love shrimp, then you are going to love this quick and easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe. Ready in about 10 minutes, you have no excuses not to make this super simple and healthy dinner idea.
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe:
I’ve decided to attempt to bring you more recipes for healthier food. It is time for me to start taking a little bit more time to enjoy some healthier food and share them with you.
Remember, it doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive to be healthy and delicious. This Lemon Shrimp Scampi Recipe proves that. In less time than you can get take out, this recipe can be cooked and on the table in just minutes!
Life is busy and hectic but meal times don’t have to be! This easy recipe is incredibly simple. It also tastes amazing the next day.
We don’t always have left overs but when we do, I love to have it for lunch the next day. It is always good the next day.
Quick & Easy Weeknight Meal:
With just a few ingredients and about 10 minutes you can have an enjoyable and healthy dinner ready to eat. A huge time and money saver is to buy frozen shrimp in bulk.
You can easily buy it at your grocery store or bulk foods store. Just make sure you thaw it before you start you recipe.
Your family will love the lemon and garlic combined with the Parmesan. It makes this the perfect combination for an easy yet delicious Garlic Shrimp Scampi recipe.
What kind of Pasta can I use?
When we serve this pasta dish, we like focus on the shrimp and sauce therefore we use less pasta on the plate.
- Angel Hair – We used angel hair as we like the thin noodle for this pasta dish. We think it holds all the lemon flavor and easy to eat with a fork.
- Linguini Pasta – Another favorite pasta is Linguini Pasta. We love that these noodles are not to thick but are great to hold the garlic butter flavor.
- Vermicelli Pasta – This is a lighter pasta. It is lighter than angel hair. But still a great option with this shrimp scampi.
Ingredients for Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta Recipe:
- Butter – You can also use coconut oil)
- Shrimp – Make sure you shrimp is not frozen, needs to be thawed
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Salt
- Lemon – freshly squeezed (Check out Best Substitute for Lemon Juice)
- Chicken Broth – You can also use water
- Fresh Parsley
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Angel Hair Pasta
How to make Lemon Garlic Shrimp Scampi recipe:
- Cook Pasta – In a large pot of boiling water cook angel hair (or spaghetti) pasta according to directions.
- Melt Butter – Add butter to pan and melt in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook Shrimp – Add shrimp, salt and pepper, garlic salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until the shrimp turns pink. About 2-4 minutes.
- Add Broth – Stir in lemon juice and chicken broth (you can use water). Bring to a simmer.
- Top with Cheese – Stir in fresh parsley and about ¼ cup of parmesan cheese.
- Mix in Cooked Pasta – Toss with angel hair pasta and garnish with more parmesan and parsley.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve immediately.
Lemon Shrimp Scampi Variations and Tips:
- Squeeze the Lemon – It save time is purchasing a lemon squeezers. It makes it really simple to get all the juice out of the lemon and works so well. You certainly don’t need one but it saves time.
- Gather Ingredients – Make sure you have all your ingredients ready to go. This recipe doesn’t take long to make so it is very helpful when all items are set out ready to cook.
- Add some Spice – If you like a little spice in your pasta recipe, add some red pepper flakes to the lemon garlic sauce then stir in your pasta. Garlic and red pepper go so good together.
- Cooking Wine – For some extra flavoring, you can toss in some white wine.
- Add in Vegetables – Sauté in some vegetables, such as cherry tomatoes, broccoli or mushrooms.
- Change the Protein – If you don’t have shrimp or just don’t like it, you can easily use chicken. You will need to cook the chicken a little longer. But the other ingredients will still remain the same.
- Butter and Olive Oil – Butter and Olive oil is a great combination if you don’t want to add the garlic.
What to serve with Garlic Shrimp Scampi:
This Shrimp Scampi is good by itself but I always try and make sure we have a side. My family is large, so I have to make sure we have enough for everyone. Here are some of our favorite sides.
- Side a Vegetables – Serve it with grilled broccoli or grilled green beans for extra veggies! I have found that if I eat extra veggies it really can bulk up a meal and make me feel more full. This has really helped me eat healthier and the veggies just taste better when they are grilled!
- Add some biscuits – Now, if you aren’t trying to be healthy….it’s also amazing with Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits!
- French Bread – We also love making some crusty bread. Spread the bread with some garlic bread and your meal is complete.
- Garlic Bread – Try our Air Fryer Garlic Bread or our Homemade Garlic Bread
How to store Lemon Butter Shrimp Pasta:
This recipe is best served immediately. If you do have leftovers make sure to store in an airtight container. It will stay good in your refrigerator up to 2 days.
You will love this easy Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi!
Cooking with Shrimp doesn’t have to be complicated. Take a few minutes and try this Lemony Shrimp Scampi today and see how much your family falls in love too.
We also make Cilantro Lime Shrimp Scampi and it’s out of this world! Shrimp is so tasty and cooks quickly. It’s the perfect meal to throw together when you don’t have a lot of time.
Print your Lemon Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe below:
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 lb shrimp (not frozen, needs to be thawed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 lemon (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or you can use water)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- In a large pot of boiling water cook angel hair (or spaghetti) pasta according to directions.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp, salt and pepper, garlic salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until the shrimp turns pink. About 2-4 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and chicken broth (you can use water). Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Toss with angel hair pasta and garnish with more parmesan and parsley. Serve immediately.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe