This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crock Pot Mexican Casserole Recipe is the perfect meal to feed your family. Each bite is so cheesy and delicious and the entire meal is so easy to prepare.
Hearty beef, tortillas, cheese and more come together for the best slow cooker taco casserole. Throw this together in the morning and come home to a great meal.
If your family enjoyed Crock Pot Shredded Beef Enchilada Casserole, they will love this new casserole recipe. Recipes like this are perfect for busy weeknights when everyone is on the go.
What do you need to make crock pot Mexican casserole?
- ground beef
- red enchiladas sauce
- minced garlic
- black beans
- taco seasoning (I like to use my Homemade Taco Seasoning)
- corn tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Roma tomato
How to make crock pot mexican casserole with corn tortillas:
This is so easy to toss together. Just put the ground beef, enchilada sauce, onion, rotel, garlic, beans, corn and taco seasoning in the crock pot.
Cook on low and 30 minutes before serving put in the corn tortillas.
We love to top with a generous portion of cheese. Put the lid back on so the cheese gets all melted and delicious. Yum!
This is optional but we top ours with chopped cilantro, diced avocado and diced tomato.
You will love little time it takes to put this together for a really amazing meal everyone will love.
Keep reading for the full recipe.
Use your favorite toppings with taco casserole recipe with tortillas.
We love a good topping bar and the kids love customizing this crock pot Mexican casserole. Just use what your family loves.
This is optional but it sure is yummy. 🙂
Some of our favorite toppings include:
- diced tomatoes
- green onion
- red onion
- hot sauce
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- fresh lime
- diced jalapeno peppers
- salsa verde (try homemade Salsa Verde de Tomatillo Recipe)
- corn chips
- tortilla chips
Variations to try:
- Try ground turkey instead of ground beef.
- Use leftover shredded chicken or beef.
- Substitute flour tortillas for corn tortillas.
- Add pinto beans with the black beans or substitute them.
- Try different types of cheese- Mexican blend, Monterrey, Colby and more are all delicious.
- Add bell peppers with the chopped onion.
Crock pot Mexican Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef browned
- 2 cans of red enchiladas sauce 10 oz
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 can rotel 10 oz
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 12 corn tortillas cut into quarters
- 2 cups shredded cheese cheddar
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro optional
- 1 avocado optional
- 1 roma tomato
- Place beef, enchilada sauce, onion, rotel, garlic, beans, corn and taco seasoning in the crock pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 3 hours.
- 30 minute before serving stir in the corn tortillas.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Add the lid and cook until cheese is melted
- Top with cilantro, diced avocado, and diced tomato
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe