You only need 4 ingredients to make this delicious Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken Recipe. The chicken is so tender and packed with flavor while being so simple to prepare.
Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken Recipe:
Get dinner on the table with very little effort and have amazing chicken so tender and packed with flavor your family will devour it. The ranch combined with the sliced peperoncinis and juice make this chicken absolutely delicious.
If you loved our Mississippi Pot Roasts Recipe, you must try this Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken Recipe. Truly the flavor is just wonderful and everything blends together for such a fabulous dinner. Plus, it is SO easy. The Mississippi Roast is one my families favorite recipes!
If you love using your instant pot as much as I do, you can make this recipe in your instant pot. It is just as good and perfect for those busy nights! It really cuts your cooking time down!
Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken:
We eat a lot of chicken and I’m always looking for ways to jazz up plain chicken. This recipe definitely takes chicken to the next level! I love recipes that can be served several different ways. It makes my family think they are eating different meals.
Slow cooking really helps to take the chaos out of dinner time. This dinner is especially easy as all ingredients go straight into the crockpot! One of the many reasons I love making crockpot meals is how easy it is to make meals come together.
Mississippi Chicken Sandwiches
From Game Day to dinner time, Mississippi Chicken makes an amazing sandwich or even sliders. These are great to serve with Hawaiian rolls or hoagies! When I am serving them at a party, we do sliders. They are perfect with a side of veggies and chips!
Pile the chicken high with this tender and flavorful chicken for the best sandwich ever. I will add some extra peperconcini on top of the chicken to add that extra flavor to my sandwich!
When making meals, I really like when I can use it in various ways. Here are some of my favorites for the Mississippi Chicken:
- I love to add cream cheese and make it creamy chicken. The cream cheese gives it an entirely new consistency that is rich and delicious.
- We have even served this with mashed potatoes! This makes it a very comforting meal on a Fall evening!
- Try adding provolone when serving it with the bun. You can easily throw the sandwiches in the oven to melt the cheese! So yummy!
- If you are following a keto diet, you can wrap the chicken in a lettuce for a low carb dinner!
- I love making a batch of this on Sunday to have for the week for lunches! This chicken heats perfectly in a lunch container and is lot better than getting fast food!
- You can also make a casserole by adding in some pasta, frozen veggies and some cheese! This is a greet way to use up some leftovers!
How to serve Mississippi Chicken:
I love serving this chicken either on mashed potatoes or on a bun, slider or hoagie roll.
Since the Mississippi Chicken can be served in so many way, my family loves when I making it for dinner! Since some of my kids are picky eaters, I like to make this chicken and then set out the different options they can choose from for dinner!
I set out hoagie rolls, mashed potatoes, and a veggie and dinner is complete. So many ways to serve this meal, your family will never get bored with it!
You will need a good crockpot for Mississippi Chicken.
It is so handy to have the one pan to clean. It has become of my favorite kitchen appliances.
I also really like this crockpot as well. I use this all the time and it’s great. My favorite feature is that you can lock the lid down. This is awesome for when you need to take your crockpot on the go.
I often use the slow cooker to take dishes to potluck events and this feature is amazing! There are several others on sale here. Another favorite is this programmable crock pot for when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting!
- Skinless thawed or frozen Chicken Breasts
- Peperoncini Peppers with juice
- A packet of Ranch Dressing Mix or Ranch Seasoning Mix
How to make Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken:
- Add the chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker. (I used a 6 quart crock pot.)
- Sprinkle the ranch packet over the top of the chicken.
- Pour the jar of Peppercinis over the top.
- Then place the stick of butter on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or you can cook on high for 3-4 hours. .
- After the cook time, shred the chicken with 2 forks and mix the chicken into the sauce in the crock pot.
- Stir and serve.
Notes – We like to serve it on rolls and top with cheese. Provolone cheese is amazing with this.
This recipe is budget friendly and easy to make
This meal is so versatile and you can use what you have on hand. I have used chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts and it was amazing. I often use what I already have in the freezer or is on sale at the grocery store.
Once I even combined chicken thighs and chicken breasts to make it a little more frugal and it was absolutely delicious.
By shopping when things are on sale I save money on groceries and it really helps our budget. Saving money and feeding a big family can be accomplished.
I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning! Save that money for something else!
Print Recipe below:
Dinner is a breeze when you try Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken Recipe. Only 4 ingredients needed for Slow cooker Mississippi chicken packed with flavor.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts large
- 8 oz jar pepperoncini peppers (with juice)
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
Add the chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker. (I used a 6 quart crock pot.)
Sprinkle ranch packet over the top of the chicken and pour the jar of peppercinis on top.
Place the stick of butter on top.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
When it is ready, take two forks and shred the chicken.
Stir and serve.
We love serving this over mashed potatoes! Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5-7 days.
More Crock Pot Chicken Recipes:
- Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Crockpot Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- Slow Cooker: Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe
- The Best Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe – only 3 ingredients
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Recipe
- Easy Crock pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Slow Cooker Whole Chicken Recipe