Lots of gravy and tender pork make this Crock pot smothered pork chops recipe the best comfort food. It is delicious served over mashed potatoes and so easy.
We just ate this crock pot smothered pork chops recipe that we made in our freezer meal session. Remember when I made 20 meals in under 2 hours? Well, it was AMAZING! So I just had to share this super easy and yummy recipe with you all.
It is so creamy and delicious. You definitely need to try it – you just might like it. In fact, I’m pretty sure you will love it!
- Boneless Pork Chops
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Sliced Onions
- Cream of Mushroom Soup – We love this easy homemade cream of mushroom soup.
- Cream of Chicken Soup – Try homemade cream of chicken.
- Beef Broth
- Minced Garlic – Garlic powder can also be used.
How to make crock pot smothered pork chops:
- First, put the pork chops in the crock pot. Place the mushrooms and onion all over the pork. This is going to give it so much amazing flavor.
- Second, get a mixing bowl and mix the cream of chicken and cream of mushroom together with the broth and seasonings. I like to use a whisk to make sure everything is mixed well.
- Next, pour the liquid into the crock pot.
- Finally, cover the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. You can also cook on high if you prefer for 3-4 hours. The pork needs to have an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
How to freeze:
- Put all ingredients in your labeled freezer bag and place in the freezer.
- Place into the crockpot (ingredients can be thawed or frozen) and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
We love to make freezer meals to enjoy during busy weeks. You might want to use these Freezer bag holders.
It is like having another set of hands in the kitchen and really helps fill the bags.
Tips for smothered pork chops:
- If you don’t have a crock pot yet, here are some nice ones on sale. Most of my recipes are created in a 6 quart crock pot, but I love my 4 quart crock pot for small dishes. Now, if you work away from home, then I suggest you get a programmable crock pot so you can have it cook for the perfect amount of time.
- Crockpot liners– So handy and makes cleanup a breeze.
- You can use bone in pork chops instead of boneless. I like to use what is on sale or already in the freezer.
The entire family loved it!
Our kids loved this recipe. They weren’t sure at first since it didn’t “look” that great coming out of the crock pot, but it is packed with flavor.
Now it is something they ask for again and again. I love when the entire family enjoys a recipe. I think your family will deem this a success as well!
What to serve with smothered pork chops:
- Mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles. The gravy is amazing so you will want something to spoon it over.
- Veggies- We like to steam broccoli in the microwave. The kids spoon the sauce over it and gobble it up! The sauce is that amazing. Roasted green beans are also really delicious.
- Bread- Grab rolls from the bakery or make these easy dinner rolls. The sauce is so amazing that you will want something to cip into it.
Seriously… the sauce was that good. I think you are going to love this recipe, so make sure you add it to your weekly menu.
Try this today!
This easy recipe is one of our family favorites. You are going to love this easy pork chops recipe. The tender pork chops are the best.
Make sure you check out out all our delicious crock pot recipes.
Print this slow cooker smothered pork chops recipe below:
Try this easy crock pot smothered pork chops. These crock pot smothered pork chops are delicious and super easy to make.
- 6 Boneless Thick Cut Pork Chops
- 8 oz Mushrooms Sliced
- 1/2 Onion Sliced
- 1 can cream of Mushroom Soup 10.5 oz
- 1 can cream of Chicken Soup 10.5 oz
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 cup Beef Broth
Place the pork chops in the bottom of a 6 quart crock pot. Place the mushrooms and onions are top of the pork in the crock pot.
In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the cream soups, beef broth. garlic, paprika and pepper.
Pour this mixture into the crock pot.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours until the pork has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Serve over rice, mashed potatoes or noodles.
You can also use bone-in pork chops for this recipe.
More crock pot pork recipes:
- Crockpot Pork Chop Dinner with potatoes and carrots
- Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops
- Crockpot Teriyaki Pork Chops Recipe
- Cranberry Orange Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Crockpot Cowboy Pork Chops Recipe
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Pork Chops Recipe
- Honey Lime Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Crock pot bbq pulled pork