This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Enjoy Crock Pot Turkey Bolognese without any guilt because this meal is healthy and delicious. Dinner is easy with this slow cooker meal and so tasty everyone will love it.
Some people get scared off from the word Bolognese but it is actually quite simple to make this. It just sounds fancy. Making this crock pot recipe is so easy to make and loaded with flavor.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
We love making this delicious Bolognese Sauce and serve over zoodles for a delicious low carb meal. It is a great recipe to mix in chopped veggies and perfect to feed a crowd.
The simple ingredients makes this recipe a perfect weeknight meal.
- Ground Turkey
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce
- Parmesan cheese
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom for the recipe card.
- Change Meat – You can use ground beef instead of ground turkey if you prefer.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the spaghetti sauce seasoning to what you prefer. Instead of using Italian Seasoning, mix in oregano, cloves garlic, thyme, and bay leaves.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 – Add the turkey, raw, in the crock pot.
Step 2 – Add in carrots, onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt pepper, crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce. Cook on low for 4 hours. Break the meat apart and cook for 30 more minutes.
Step 3 – Meanwhile in a large skillet heat the butter and stir in the zucchini noodles. Cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
Step 4 – Spoon sauce over the zucchini noodles and then top with parmesan cheese.
- Ground Turkey – We placed the pound ground turkey raw in the slow cooker. But you can cook it separately if you prefer.
- Chopped Vegetables – We like to prepare the chopped vegetables ahead of time. Learn how to freeze chopped onions.
This delicious bolognese sauce is best served with your favorite pasta. You can even serve with spaghetti squash or zoodles for amazing flavors.
You can also pick up a loaf of French bread from the bakery or make these easy homemade dinner rolls. We also love this Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe with Minestrone soup. The kids really like these bread sticks and easy to every last drop of the sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store your leftover Bolognese Sauce in an airtight container in the fridge. The sauce will last about 5 days.
Yes, you can freeze this sauce in a freezer safe container. If stored properly the sauce will last about 3 months.
Thaw the sauce in the fridge overnight and then reheat on the stove top or in the microwave.
More Ground Turkey Recipes:
- Delicious Ground Turkey Chili Recipe
- Crock Pot Ground Turkey Lasagna Recipe.
- Crock Pot Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
- Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
More Zucchini Recipes
We love hearing from you. If you make this Crockpot Turkey Bolognese Recipe, please leave us a comment or star review.
Slow Cooker Turkey Bolognese
- Place ground turkey, raw, in the crock pot.
- Add in carrots, onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt pepper, crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Break the meat apart and cook for 30 more minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet heat the butter and stir in the zucchini noodles. Cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Spoon sauce over the zucchini noodles and then top with parmesan cheese.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe