This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta Recipe can be ready in less than an hour. Serve with a vegetable for a quick weeknight dinner. The buffalo sauce and cream cheese mixed together makes a perfect sauce for this dish that everyone will love.
Easy Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta Recipe:
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta is a quick and easy pasta dish. Cooking it in the instant pot makes for a simple weeknight dinner. Everything cooks in the instant pot even the pasta.
The chicken is cooked in a delicious, creamy buffalo sauce and then mixed with pasta for a delicious meal idea. My entire family loves buffalo sauce and we eat it on everything.
Using the instant pot has been a game changer for my family. I take frozen chicken to a complete meal idea in about 30 minutes. Add a simple salad and some garlic bread for a delicious meal idea.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken
- Chicken Broth
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Ranch Dressing Mix (packet kind)
- Minced Garlic
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- Corn Starch + 2 tablespoon water
- Fettuccine Noodles
- Chopped Cilantro for garnish (optional)
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pasta in Instant Pot:
The instant pot makes this recipe easy to create in no time at all.
- Step 1 – Place ingredients in Instant Pot – Place chicken, broth, buffalo sauce, and seasonings in the Instant pot.
- Step 2 – Set Pressure – Set the pressure to 30 minutes.
- Step 3 – Do Quick Release – Do a quick release to release the pressure.
- Step 4 – Shred the Chicken – Remove chicken to shred with two forks and set aside the chicken.
- Step 5 – Make the Cornstarch Slurry – Whisk together corn starch and water and add to Instant pot
- Step 6 – Mix in Cream Cheese and Cheese – Add in cream cheese and shredded cheese
- Step 7 – Combine until melted – Whisk until cheese and cream cheese is all combined, smooth, and melted
- Step 8 – Add in Pasta – Break the pasta in half and Place the pasta in the Instant pot uncooked.
- Step 9 – Stir in Chicken – Return the chicken back into the pressure cooker and stir to combine.
- Step 11 – Cover Instant Pot – Cover and Set the valve to sealing.
- Step 12 – Pressure Cook again – Set the pressure for 2 minutes.
- Step 13- Quick Release – When finished, do a quick release to release the pressure.
- Step 14 – Stir – Stir to combine.
- Step 15 – Serve and Enjoy – Garnish with fresh parsley if desired and serve immediately. It really is that simple. You are going to love this one pot buffalo chicken pasta.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Change the Noodles – Feel free to change the noodles to what you prefer. This Buffalo Pasta can be made with spaghetti noodles, penne noodles, or elbow macaroni.
- Add in Vegetables – Add in vegetables to this pasta dish. You can add in spinach, broccoli, or bell peppers.
- Chicken – We used chicken breast in this recipe. But you can use chicken thighs or chicken tenders. The chicken can be frozen or thawed. Rotisserie Chicken or leftover chicken would also work in this recipe.
- Top the Pasta – This recipe would be great topped with sour cream or blue cheese dressing.
- Change the Cheese – You can easily change the cheese in this recipe. Mozzarella cheese or pepper jack cheese would be delicious mixed into this recipe.
Tips for Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta:
- Chicken – We cook the chicken with the other ingredients. After cooking shred the chicken with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Pasta – Cook noodles until the reach al dente. You may need to reduce the time as cooking time may vary based on your instant pot.
- Frozen Chicken – When making this chicken alfredo in the instant pot, you can use frozen chicken breast or thawed. You may need to add a few extra minutes to cooking time if the chicken is frozen.
- Thicken Sauce – Thicken the sauce by mixing in a cornstarch slurry into the buffalo sauce.
- Reheating – When you are ready to reheat the leftovers, place in a microwave safe dish. You may need to add in a splash of milk or cream cheese to make it creamy again.
Can you Make Buffalo Chicken Pasta in the Crock Pot?
If you don’t have a pressure cooker yet, this recipe can be made in the crock pot. Cook the chicken, wing sauce, seasonings and broth in the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.
Shred the chicken and then mix in the cream cheese and shredded cheese. Mix in the slow cooker during the last 30 minutes of the cook time with the other sauce.
Stir in cooked pasta once the sauce is fully mixed together. Your buffalo chicken pasta bake will be ready to serve!
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Pasta:
- Garden Salad – We served ours with salad and it was such an easy and delicious dinner.
- Garlic Cheese Sticks – We love Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe. It is perfect for getting every last bit of that amazing sauce. The buffalo sauce is so amazing so you will want something to dip into that yummy cheesy sauce.
- Roasted Vegetables – You could also try Roasted Green Beans. Or learn how to steam broccoli in the microwave for a super easy veggie side dish.
How to Store Leftovers:
Storing leftovers is easy to do. Simply place your leftover buffalo chicken pasta in an airtight container once it has cooled to room temperature. Then place in the refrigerator.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta will still good for about 3 – 5 days.
How to Shred Cooked Chicken:
Shredding chicken can easily be shredded by using a Kitchen aid Mixer. Shredding the chicken with a mixer saves you so much time.
The chicken comes out perfectly shredded and can be used in many different ways. We like to make a batch of shredded chicken at the beginning of the week and use it in different recipes.
We love that it shreds for this buffalo chicken pasta recipe.
Print Buffalo Chicken Pasta Instant Pot recipe:
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix packet kind
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tbsp water
- 16 ounces fettuccine noodles
- Chopped cilantro for garnish optional
- Place chicken, broth, buffalo sauce, and seasonings in the Instant pot.
- Set the pressure to 30 minutes.
- Do a quick release to release the pressure.
- Remove chicken to shred with two forks
- Set aside chicken
- Whisk together corn starch and water and add to Instant pot
- Add in cream cheese and shredded cheese
- Whisk until cheese and cream cheese is all combined, smooth, and melted
- Break the pasta in half and Place the pasta in the Instant pot uncooked
- return the chicken and stir to combine.
- Cover and Set the valve to sealing.
- Set the pressure for 2 minutes.
- When finished, do a quick release to release the pressure.
- Stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired and serve immediately
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Curry Recipe
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Crescent Ring Recipe
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups Recipe