This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe is a simple skillet meal perfect for busy weeknights. The delicious cream sauce brings it all together and makes the chicken and mushrooms oh so tasty!
This Easy Stove Top Recipes cooks easily in a skillet for a delicious one pot meal. The creamy, cheesy sauce makes this a family favorite meal.
Table of Contents
What is Chicken Tetrazzini?
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe is easy to make casserole all made on the stovetop. The ingredients are cooked and combine to make a buttery, creamy sauce. Mix in chicken, turkey, or seafood to create a delicious weeknight meal.
Serve with your favorite and easy side dishes to complete this meal.
- Chicken Breast
- Minced Garlic
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- All Purpose Flour
- Chicken Broth or Chicken Stock
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Change Meat – This recipe can be made with a variety of meat. It is also great to use leftover cooked chicken or a rotisserie chicken. We have even made it with leftover turkey to make turkey tetrazzini. It would also be delicious with shrimp.
- Cream Soups – This mixture is even delicious with the addition with cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken soup.
- Noodles – Feel free to change the noodles to what you prefer. You can substitute the linguine with spaghetti noodles or fettuccini noodles.
- Sour Cream – You can substitute the sour cream for heavy cream.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the or add in different types of seasoning to what you prefer. Substitute minced garlic with garlic powder, add in chopped onion, or Italian Seasoning.
Step by Step Instructions
- Step 1 – Cook the linguine based on the package instructions. Drain and save some of the pasta water.
- Step 2 – In a large skillet, melt ½ of the butter amount over medium heat.
- Step 3 – Add the mushrooms and cook until they are tender.
- Step 4 – Next add in the chicken, minced garlic, salt and pepper. This is going to make your kitchen smell amazing!
- Step 5 Cook until the chicken is golden brown on all sides stirring occasionally.
- Step 6 – Remove the chicken and mushrooms from the pan to a separate dish. Leave any remaining sauce in the large skillet.
- Step 7 – Then over medium heat, melt the remaining butter in the large skillet.
- Step 8 – Whisk in the flour until thoroughly combined.
- Step 9 – Next, whisk in the broth and heavy whipping cream adding them each slowly.
- Step 10 – Now it is time to cook the sauce until it thickens over medium high heat.
- Step 11 – Stir in the pasta, chicken and mushrooms to combine. Add some of the pasta water if needed to thoroughly combine.
- Step 12 – Top with the Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with fresh parsley for flavor. Cover the skillet with a lid to melt the cheese and serve immediately!
- Cooking Pasta – Cook the pasta to al dente or according to the pasta. Save some of the pasta water to use during the cooking process.
- Cook Chicken – Cook chicken until full cooked. You may need to use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken is fully cooked.
- Sauce – Cook the sauce until it thickens for the best results. Allow it to simmer so it thickens.
- Cheese – Serve this pasta dish immediately once everything heats in the skillet. We love to top the skillet with shredded parmesan cheese but you can also top with mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store the leftover in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Yes, this is the perfect recipe to make ahead of time. If you want to prepare before serving, you can place in a baking dish to make as a casserole. Prepare the recipe as indicated but pour into a casserole dish and place in the fridge. Then bake in the preheated oven at 350 degrees covered with foil for about 30 minutes to heat and serve.
Yes, you can freeze this chicken tetrazzini. Place the prepared chicken tetrazzini in a disposable freezer container. Then cover with plastic wrap and foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
Try these other Easy Chicken Recipes
- Easy Skillet Orange Chicken Recipe
- Tex Mex Skillet Chicken Recipe
- Easy Salsa Chicken Skillet Recipe
- Skillet Chicken and Rice Burritos
- Skillet Chicken Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice Skillet Recipe
- Brown Sugar Skillet Chicken
We love hearing from you. If you make this Easy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini
- Cook the linguine based on the package instructions. Drain and save some of the pasta water.
- In a large skillet, melt ½ of the butter amount over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they are tender (approximately 5 minutes).
- Next add in the chicken, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until the chicken is golden brown on all sides stirring occasionally (approximately 6-7 minutes).
- Remove the chicken and mushrooms from the pan to a separate dish. Leave any remaining sauce in the large skillet.
- Then over medium heat, melt the remaining butter in the large skillet.
- Whisk in the flour until thoroughly combined.
- Then whisk in the broth and heavy whipping cream adding them each slowly.
- Then cook the sauce until it thickens, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Toss in the pasta, chicken and mushrooms to combine. Add some of the pasta water if needed to thoroughly combine.
- Top with the parmesan cheese, cover the skillet with a lid to melt the cheese and serve immediately!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe