This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Instant Pot Italian Chicken Soup Recipe is comfort food at its best. Dinner is ready in a flash when you use your pressure cooker and it is such a delicious meal!
Instant Pot Italian Chicken Soup Recipe
We love to make different soups and stews as Fall approaches and cooler weather is on the horizon. This Italian Chicken Soup Pressure Cooker recipe is so simple and the flavor is just amazing.
Even better, this recipe can feed a crowd. The pasta stretches the meat to feed a big family or unexpected guests.
It’s easy on the budget and a hit with everyone that tries it. If you only have a slow cooker, you can make our crock pot Italian Chicken Soup.
It is the perfect soup to come too after a busy day!
We love to serve our homemade garlic bread along side this soup! It is the perfect combination.
Occasionally, I will make our homemade stuffed cheesy bread. Whichever bread you decide to try, it will be tasty.
We love to dip any garlic bread or rolls into the soup!
Pressure Cooker Italian Chicken Soup:
The kids always ask me to make this soup. You know a recipe is a hit when everyone enjoys the meal and asks for seconds. I can prepare this meal in 15 minutes or less!
The instant pot does all the work and there isn’t a ton of dishes and pans to clean up afterwards. You will be so surprised how quick and easy this meal is.
You can have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes.
Using the pressure cooker has been a game changer for my family! We have saved so much money as I can get dinner done faster than I can go through the drive through.
You will need a pressure cooker:
I am using an 8 quart Instant pot but you can use a 6 quart if you prefer. I use my instant pot all the time and it’s become one of my favorite kitchen appliances.
In the past, I would get busy and forget to take something out of the freezer. Now that I have the instant pot, dinner can be ready fast.
It only takes a short amount of time to cook using the pressure cooker but it taste like it was slow cooked all day. You can find the Instant pot on sale here.
It’s such a great kitchen gadget to invest in. The instant pot has truly changed meals around here. Give pressure cooking a try!
One of our favorite soups!
This meal is so simple to make and perfect for busy weeknights. Even the kids will enjoy this meal.
The entire family will be excited for dinner time when they know this delicious soup is being served. It’s so warm and hearty and just makes you feel better.
Sometimes when my kids are under the weather, they will request this comforting Instant Pot Pot Italian Chicken Soup Recipe.
We used rotini pasta but any small noodles will do. Just use what you have or what is on sale.
- Chicken Breasts – (frozen chicken works great too)
- Diced Tomatoes
- Red Pepper
- Italian Seasoning (The Best Italian Seasoning Substitute)
- Garlic Salt
- Bay Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Chicken Broth
- Rotini Pasta
- Parmesan Cheese
How to make Instant Pot Italian Chicken Soup:
- Dump everything (except for the pasta and the parmesan cheese) into the Instant pot.
- Add the lid and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. Once finished, do a natural release to release the pressure. You can do a quick release.
- Remove the chicken. Shred the chicken into small pieces.
- Stir in the uncooked pasta. Push the sauté button on the instant pot to bring the soup to a boil.
- Cook the pasta, stirring frequently, for 8 -10 minutes, or until the pasta is soft. Cooking time will vary slightly until the pasta is cooked.
- Stir to combine all the flavors. Then serve with your favorite toppings.
Perfect Soup for Leftovers!
This soup is also great reheated for lunches. Whether you are packing for your lunch at work or the kids at school, it’s even better the next day.
I think the flavors have even more time to blend. We use a thermos to pack the soup in and keeps it nice and hot until ready to eat.
It saves me money in the long run.
How to Freeze Soup
This Italian chicken soup will freeze well. Read our post on How to Freeze Soup for more tips and tricks on freezing soup.
Print this Instant Pot Italian chicken Soup recipe below:
Instant pot Italian chicken soup recipe
- Place all the ingredients except for the pasta and parmesan cheese in the instant pot.
- Add the lid and make sure the valve is set to sealing position.
- Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. After the cook time, do a quick release to release the pressure from the instant pot.
- Remove the chicken, shred and return it back to the instant pot.
- Stir in the uncooked pasta. Switch the instant pot to the sauté option and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cook the pasta, stirring frequently, for 8 -10 minutes, or until the pasta is soft and cooked through. Then switch the instant pot to the keep warm setting.
- Stir to combine. Serve the soup topped with the parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes:
- Healthy Chicken Tacos Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Wings Recipe