Try Instant Pot Pork Chops for a delicious meal in under 30 minutes that the entire family will love. These pork Chops are so tender and packed with lots of flavor from the savory gravy.
Instant Pot Pork Chops
This is such a simple and easy meal idea but it’s so tasty. You might be wondering if something this easy to put together can really taste this amazing?
The answer is yes. The pork chops are so tender and the sauce from the tomatoes give it such an amazing flavor.
This is a meal that truly can feed the entire family. No need to worry if everyone will like it. It is sure to be a hit.
This meal is family friendly.
The kids also like it with pasta for a change. The yummy sauce is wonderful poured over the pasta or rice.
See how it works for everyone? It’s great.
If you are looking for an easy meal that is delicious and everyone will love, make this recipe. It can be hard to find something everyone likes but this meal is a winner all around.
- Pork Chops. We used thick boneless pork chops. You can use bone in pork chops if you prefer.
- Olive Oil
- Cream of Chicken Soup. You could also substitute cream of mushroom.
- Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Chicken Broth
How to make Instant pot Pork Chops
- First, turn the Instant pot to the sauté setting. Then put the olive oil and pork chops in the instant pot.
You want to cook the pork chops long enough to brown them slightly. This is about 1 to 2 minutes per side. The brown bits on the bottom of the pressure cooker will give this even more flavor as it cooks.
- Next, use a small mixing bowl and add the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, ranch seasoning and pepper together. Sometimes, I also add garlic powder. Combine this together.
- Once combined, pour this mixture over the pork chops in the pressure cooker.
How long to cook pork chops in the Instant Pot
- Seal the instant pot and set on high pressure for 15 minutes. You will do a 10 minute natural release.
- Finally, remove the pork chops and switch the instant pot to the sauté setting.
How to thicken the sauce
After the pork chops cook, it is very simple to thicken the sauce. Just create a cornstarch slurry by dissolving the cornstarch into the water. Then stir the cornstarch slurry into the instant pot and cook until the gravy thickens.
Serve the pork chops and gravy over the mashed potatoes and enjoy. The gravy really makes the recipe in my opinion.
It is so delicious on the pork chops and the mashed potatoes or rice. I could eat the gravy by the spoonful because it is that good.
It has so much flavor from cooking with the meat.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Keep reading for the full recipe and nutrition information such as satured fat.
Dinner can be just that simple.
It is so easy. This family meal is something everyone will love to eat for dinner.
What to serve with pork chops:
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes. These are so creamy. The pressure cooker makes it very fast to cook too.
If you only have one pressure cooker make the mashed potatoes first. You can cover them to keep warm while the pork chops cook.
- White Rice. This is an easy option and delicious served with the gravy.
- Pasta. Egg noodles are delicious with pork chops and gravy. You can use any type of pasta you like or have on hand.
- Salad. Keep things light and serve with a simple side salad. This is quick and easy.
Can I cook frozen pork chops?
Yes, just add 10 minutes to the cooking time if your pork chops are frozen.
It is so easy to make Instant Pot Pork Chops. Using frozen pork chops saves a lot of time if you forget to take something out for dinner.
You can go from freezer to table in just minutes. Pressure cooking is so convenient on busy weeknights.
Not only will it save you money from getting takeout but it tastes better too.
You won’t even be tempted to go to the drive thru with this easy meal. I try to always keep a pack of frozen pork chops in the freezer.
If I fail to plan, I can still fix a great dinner without spending a ton of time.
What to Do With Leftover Pork Chops
- Open faced sandwiches. Use sandwich bread to create open sandwiches with pork chops. You can add gravy and mashed potatoes right on top of the bread. It is delicious.
- Casserole. Chop the pork chops and add it to stuffing in a casserole dish. The gravy will help give the dish moisture if needed. Bake at 350 until heated through.
- Quesadillas. Chop or shred the pork chops to make Pork Quesadillas.
- Fried Rice. Cup the pork into small pieces to use in Pork Fried Rice.
- Biscuits. You can use leftovers to make Pork Chop biscuits for breakfast the next day.
- Stir fry: Cut the pork into strips and use in a stir fry.
How to store leftovers:
Just store the meat and gravy inside an airtight container. It will keep in the fridge up to 3 to 4 days.
Can you freeze pork chops in gravy?
Yes, place inside a freezer container or bag. Make sure it is sealed really good.
Put in the freezer up to 2 to 3 months.
Do you have to use thick cut pork chops?
No you do not. I prefer the thick pork chops but you can certainly use what you like.
Just keep in mind the cooking time will likely need to be reduced if you are using really thin pork chops. Thin pork chops are easier to overcook so be mindful of that.
Why are my pork chops tough?
Pork chops are usually very lean. If they are overcooked, the meat can become very tough.
- Meat. Substitute chicken breasts, tenderloin or thighs instead of pork chops.
- Broth. We used chicken broth but vegetable or beef would also work.
- Condensed soup. Cream of chicken is delicious. However, other ideas include cream of mushroom and cream of celery.
- Seasoning. Substitute Lipton onion mix instead of ranch. Combine this with cream of mushroom and beef broth for a new flavor everyone will love. For even more mushroom flavor, add a cup of mushrooms to the mixture.
Can you make this in the slow cooker?
No worries if you don’t have an instant pot yet or prefer to slow cook this recipe. You can easily make this in the crock pot if you need to slow cook it all day.
- Add the pork chops to the freezer. It is ok if they are frozen.
- Then, get out a small mixing bowl. Whisk together the cream of chicken soup, ranch seasoning mix and chicken broth. You don’t need water in the crock pot version.
- Next, pour this mixture on top of the pork chops in the slow cooker.
- Place the lid on and let cook for 5 to 7 hours on low. You can also cook on high but reduce the time to 2.5 to 3.5 hours. The pork just needs to have an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- You can find the full recipe for Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops.
We love Instant pot boneless pork chops!
It is so yummy and easy. We love having meals that only take a few minutes to prepare.
This can literally be ready to eat in 30 minutes, Perfect for busy days and schedules.
Each bite is tender and juicy. Your family will love this recipe for dinner.
Print Instant pot pork chops recipe below:
Instant Pot Pork Chops Dinner
- 6 boneless pork chops (thick cut)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 can cream of chicken soup (10 oz each)
- 2 Tbsp ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Turn the Instant pot to the sauté setting. Place the olive oil and pork chops in the instant pot. Cook the pork chops for 1-2 minutes per side to brown them slightly.
- Whisk together the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, ranch seasoning and pepper together in a mixing bowl.
- Then pour this mixture over the pork chops in the instant pot.
- Sprinkle in the seasonings.
- Seal the instant pot and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes with a 10 minute natural release.
- Remove the pork chops and switch the instant pot to the sauté setting.
- Create a cornstarch slurry but dissolving the cornstarch into the water. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the instant pot and cook until the gravy thickens.
- Serve the pork chops and sauce over your favorite sides and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Instant Pot Pork Chop Recipes
- Instant Pot Boneless Pork Chops Recipe
- Balsamic Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Instant Pot Italian Pork Chops
- Easy Instant Pot BBQ Pork Chops Recipe