If you don’t want to coupon, but you still want to find a way to save money and cut your grocery bill, your smart phone is the answer. There are Apps you can use to save money when you shop. Today I wanted to give you my top money saving apps for groceries, because these apps are an excellent way to save money on your grocery shopping.
You can use these apps in addition to clipping coupons or just simply us them alone.
There are several apps you can use, but today I just wanted to share with you my top money saving apps for groceries: Checkout 51, Ibotta, Favado, BerryCart, Saving Star and Snap App. Scroll down I will explain each one of them so you can decide if you want to use them all or just a few.
1. Checkout 51
Checkout 51 is one of the easiest apps you can use. Shop at ANY store to save money. All you have to do is take a picture of your receipt and submit it online. If you shop online, you can submit your packing slip as your receipt and submit that, too. When you are grocery shopping, use coupons along side Checkout 51 to maximizing your savings!
Tips for Using Checkout 51
- Sales cycle runs Thursday through Wednesday and new offers are open every week. If you see an offer you like on Friday, purchase and redeem that offer by the next week Wednesday because deals will change on Thursday.
- Submit your receipt for the offers during the week when the offer is available. If you buy something from an offer on Tuesday, submit your receipt by Wednesday to receive credit.
- Limited number of offers are available. Make sure the deal you are looking for is still available before you shop and then upload your receipt right away.
- Only ONE of each offer per person.
- Use a receipt only once. You can have multiple offers on one receipt, just choose all of the offers you are redeeming after you upload your receipt.
- Use coupons WITH Check 51 deals!!
Ibotta is available as a FREE app for iPhone and Android users. Ibotta is only available a certain stores like: Walmart, Target, Walgreens, CVS and Homeland. You will probably notice several of your favorite stores are available on Ibotta. You will automatically receive a minimal discount for each of their offers, but you can get extra discounts by taking a survey, reading facts about a product, posting to your Facebook or watching a brief video.
Ibotta offers CAN be combined with store and manufacturer coupons to get you extra savings on your groceries.
To receive your Ibotta rebates, take a picture of your receipt (or scan UPC code) and upload it to your Ibotta account and within 48 hours. Your savings will be credited to your PayPal account.
What to Know About Ibotta
- Ibotta offers can be redeemed at more than 80 different retailers nationwide
- Ibotta offers CAN be combined with printable or clipped coupons for extra savings
- Credit for offers is provided through PayPal
- Take a survey, answer a trivia question or post something to Facebook and you can change a $0.25 savings into a $1 savings quickly and easily.
Favado is one of my favorite money saving apps! Never overspend on groceries again – Favado will notifying you when your everyday grocery items are on sale. Favado combines YOUR local grocery stores sales ad with coupons, to find you the best deal.
Just register for Favado and downloaded the app. Select 10 of your favorite stores (choose from Homeland, Walmart, Target and so many more). You’ll see coupon match ups for each of your stores, and they look just like the match ups you’ll find on Coupon Closet. 🙂
- Choose your favorite products or brands and Favado will notify you when they go on sale.
- Compare all store sales at once.
- See store match ups exactly like you do on Coupon Closet (except on your smart phone).
- Create your shopping list right on your smart phone!
If you are not a couponer, Favado will help you find the very best sales on the items you need! You will still be able to save about 30% without using any coupons!
BerryCart is a new money saving apps. This app will find you the best deals on organic, gluten-free and non-GMO foods. With BerryCart you’ll learn all about natural products and hear the stories behind some of the top products and brands.
Use BerryCart at over 25,000 retailers nationwide including: Target, Whole Foods and Sprouts (amongst so many more). Saving with BerryCart is easy – take a picture of your receipt (from a valid retailer) and submit it to BerryCart. When your rewards accumulate, they can easily be cashed in for gift cards or cash through PayPal.
Important Information about BerryCart
- Similar to Checkout 51 – you only have to send a picture of your receipt to “get paid”
- Savings are given through PayPal or gift card options.
- Focuses solely on “the healthy side” of grocery shopping.
- Make informed decisions about products and brands before you buy.
BerryCart will help you find the best deals on the most popular and new all natural food products. Sign up for BerryCart today.
With Saving Star, you get offers via eCoupons that you can upload to your store cards. (Locally we can use SavingStar at CVS and Homeland.) Your savings will accumulate in your SavingStar account. When you reach $5 in savings, you can cash out through Paypal.
When you sign up for SavingStar, you’ll need to add your shopper card numbers to your account. Then all you have to do is “upload” your eCoupons to your account and then shop like normal.
Every week, SavingStar offers a nice discount on produce as well as a freebie every Friday. There a limited amount of time for you to redeem each offer, so pay attention to dates.
SavingStar offers are often available for items we have manufacturer’s coupons for. Combine the SavingStar offers with manufacturer coupons for even more savings.
Tips for using SavingStar
- Add your frequent shopper card numbers from your stores (ie. CVS, Homeland, etc)
- Select your eCoupons BEFORE you shop
- Use SavingStar in conjunction with manufacturer’s and store coupons to maximize your savings
- Get limited time freebies and produce savings every week
6. Snap App
Snap is a NEW money saving app from Groupon that gives you money back on the groceries you buy, regardless of where you shop!
Once you download this app, search for cash-back offers on items you normally buy. For instance, there is often an offer for $1 cash Back on milk! The brand of milk you buy or the store you buy it from doesn’t matter. Just buy your milk, snap a picture of your receipt and you’re done! You just earned $1 cash back! Once you reach $20, you will receive your cash.
Another great thing to note about this app is that you CAN use manufacturer’s coupons on the products that qualify for cash-back from Snap! So, the potential to save even more money is there. Snap app is FREE to download, too.
Snap App Basics
- Shop at any store.
- Submit a picture of your receipt to Snap app.
- Receive larger discounts on everyday basics like milk and bread (along with brand name items like Tide, Ragu, Clorox and more).
- Cash out when our savings reaches at least $10.
What are your favorite top money saving apps for groceries?
No matter which apps you use, you are bound to find great deals and save money on the products you love. If you haven’t yet, try these grocery apps to help you save money next time you are at the grocery store.